Boiler Stoves – A Traditional Way Of Heating Your Home In 2014
As the truly colder winter weather starts to tighten its icy grip across the country, more and more of us are preparing to turn our thermostats up and crank up the heating to battle the cold. Across the UK, wood-fuelled boiler stoves have become the heating method of choice for 2014.
This comes as no surprise, particularly to us – the addition of a boiler stove as a method of heating your home brings a wealth of advantages. These include:
• Carbon Savings. They are better for the environment as they produce fewer carbon dioxide emissions than traditional methods of burning fossil fuels.
• They can also provide significant financial savings compared with using conventional fossil fuels, such as LPG or oil.
• Pellet stoves with back boilers-that are MCS-certified are potentially eligible for an RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) Premium Payment, thanks to a scheme that has been running since 2013. Note: this does not include stoves that burn logs.
• In these uncertain times, it is good to know that you can be self-sufficient regarding fuel, at least if you have your own supply of wood or are able to store a good supply.
• You won’t have to worry about losing heat in power cuts, and if you have a stove with a boiler, you will also have plenty of hot water.
• You can save more money by using the stove for cooking, if you buy one with several hot plates on the top.
• Wood-fuelled stoves are an extremely convenient source of energy for those off the gas network (e.g. in remote or rural ares).
• As well as being a highly-efficient source of heating, wood-fuelled boiler stoves undoubtedly look very attractive, and they are excellent at creating a warm, homely environment that will make all the family feel really snug.
If you decide to get make your home more energy efficient and get a wood-fuelled boiler stove, why not visit Opie’s The Stove Shop to view our range of over 100 wood-burning stoves? At Opie’s, we have been supplying and fitting wood-burning stoves for satisfied customers in Essex for over thirty years and all our stoves are competitively priced.
We stock stoves from many high-quality and well-known European manufacturers, including Jotul, Scan, Morso, Euroheat, Stovax, and Aarrow. Opie’s offer a wide range of traditional and contemporary stoves, which all come with a manufacturer’s full warranty.
Visit one of our two showrooms in Chelmsford or Colchester today, to see our extensive range of stoves and burners, in traditional and contemporary designs. With such a wide choice of stoves, you will be sure to find one to suit your requirements!